[Development] How to create new Qt modules or tools

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Fri Dec 9 18:22:42 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM,  <henry.haverinen at nokia.com> wrote:
>> Having these on a list also mirrors the structure for approval nomination.
>>

> I think it'd be important to keep the barrier very low. It should be possible to start competing or crazy projects. So this approval from a Maintainer shouldn't usually require a lot of discussion, and it shouldn't be necessary for someone to object to creating playground projects. But I agree it'd be good to have an opportunity to see the initial discussion.

Just to clarify what I mean here - I don't envisage most of these will
require much discussion. It just provides the capability for it if
it's necessary. Just look at the approver nominations so far - there's
not really been much discussion, other than a bunch of +1ing, but that
way people know what is going on.

So, for instance, if someone wants a playground project to add
supermegacoolnewfeature, I know about it, so I can keep an eye on it
(and maybe drop them a patch). Likewise, if someone proposes, say, to
experiment with Qt's MVC s in the playground, someone could nudge them
to take a look at itemviews-ng, which did some work on exactly this