[Development] Qt platform and theme plugins

Charley Bay charleyb123 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 21:00:20 CET 2011

morten spaketh:

> Those of you that follow the commits on Gerrit closely may have noticed
> the new QPlatformTheme API and wondered what it is. In short, the
> QPlatformTheme API is there to support deeper platform integration,
> indepentently of QPlatformIntegration.
>
> <snip>,

I am *very* interested in this effort -- IMHO we absolutely need to be able
to establish the look-and-feel for applications in a centralized manner
(color schemes, fonts, button styles, etc.)

<snip>,
> QPlatformTheme currently has API for dialogs and system menus. Which APIs
> belong in QPlatformTheme is up for debate; we want to share as many
> platform abstractions as possible between QtWidgets and QtQuick, but at the
> same time some of the APIs might be to tied to the QWidget world.
>

>From the description, this appears to be an effort to establish a common
API or approach for *both* Qt5Widgets and QML2+?  That's what I'd be most
excited about (one approach).  Selfishly, I'm mostly focused on QML 2+ in
Qt5+, even we'll have legacy widget styling needs at some level after
migrating to Qt5, (we're currently using Qt stylesheets).

--charley