[Development] Trying to setup environment to contribute. Error building webkit

Jordi Pujol pisoengracia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 08:42:14 CET 2011

El dj 08 de 12 de 2011 a les 09:20 +1000, en/na Rohan McGovern va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately the qtwebkit pointed at by qt5.git is outdated and known
> not to work.  Maybe it makes sense to remove it.  (IMHO qtwebkit there
> is not making sense since it is more of a "project which uses Qt" and
> not "part of the Qt Project").
>
> For now, the easiest way for you to proceed would be to pass -no-webkit
> to init-repository, or `rm -rf qtwebkit' if you already have it.

Ok, thanks for the advice. Anyway, it would be good to inform of this
"known" not to work in the wiki. I did not found anywhere...

And it would be possible to exclude qtwebkit from qt's sub-modules ( or
at least put in the wiki your solution to avoid downloading that
sub-module ) automatically downloaded when you select qt5 ? It was taken
a long time to download to know after 2 days it's outdated...

And after all, I'm sure I've passed the --no-webkit option to the
init-repository script ( and it was simply ignored ). I will proceed to
delete the directory as you point.

My opinion is that current sub-module's infrastructure is still a little
bit rough to somebody that doesn't know it in deep.

	Jordi.