[Development] Json support for QtCore

Sivan Greenberg sivan at omniqueue.com
Tue Dec 13 07:34:26 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Robin Burchell <robin+qt at viroteck.net> wrote:
> You're missing the bit where the binary format is not the only
> representation. JSON can be parsed into it, it's stored like this in
> memory, and it can be serialised back to it (obviously), but it can
> also be serialised back to JSON. Or QVariant.

Right, and after re-reading over the thread I realized the binary
representation of this specific implementation is just there for sake
of slimness, performance and lightweight exchange.

Attaining to my desire to store large bin chunks in JSON, this means
that as the parser conforms with JSON, it'd store the chunks as base64
encoded strings?

I would love to see something that, given the binary representation
that's already mmap'able, stores the chunks data (streaming media
files,audio, pdfs etc.) in place in its original binary form, and load
each chunk  (as is, binary form, no conversions indeed, super fast)
on demand as it is accessed off the JSON model.

-Sivan