[Development] Spelling of module names in documentation

henry.haverinen at nokia.com henry.haverinen at nokia.com
Wed Dec 14 10:34:54 CET 2011

Hi all,

I got some feedback outside this list about the documentation spelling of module names that contain acronyms. Now the guideline says we should write about the Qt Sql module, the Qt Xml module and so on. The feedback is that we should write about the Qt SQL module, the Qt XML module, the Qt XML Patterns module, the Qt MIME Types module and so on. The short version used in the code would continue be QtSql, QtXml and so on.

I agree this would lead to more natural language in documentation and other communications, so I propose we change the guideline in the wiki accordingly.

Kevin and others, any comments?

Cheers,
Henry