[Development] Spelling of module names in documentation

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Wed Dec 14 15:46:10 CET 2011

Thomas:

> names like 'xml' are no longer abbreviations, they are product names.
> Not just something that Qt made up, but industry wide known product names.
>
> As such they should have only one capital.

  I absolutely disagree with this.

  The correct spelling of "XML" is "XML". The only time we
  should deviate from that is when it's part of a CamelCase
  name, and even that causes confusion and error.

  Similarly, the correct spelling of "SQL" is "SQL".

  When Wikipedia changes the article names to "Xml" or "Sql",
  then you might have a case. But until that time...

                          Atlant