[Development] Qt Commercial 4.8.0 release delta to LGPL version

Frans Klaver fransklaver at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:01:06 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Robin Burchell <robin+qt at viroteck.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Frans Klaver <fransklaver at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Wouldn't it make sense to have some people from digia as maintainers
>> or approvers?
>
> If they earn the position through work and trustworthiness, sure. You
> don't just parachute people in because it might make sense.

I didn't intend to suggest that they should be parachuted in. It could
be worth investigating if some people from digia may have already
shown that they fit the bill. As far as I know current maintainers and
approvers have the possibility to nominate someone for a position, but
if no one cares to do that, there won't be any progress. I could be
wrong though. A lot of desktop users of Qt would probably be happy if
for example QtWidgets fixes end up in the main-line development
quickly.

If no one from digia has shown enough merit, there's no point in promoting them.