[Development] Feature freeze date?

João Abecasis joao.abecasis at nokia.com
Thu Dec 15 14:00:52 CET 2011

Tomasz Siekierda wrote:
> Now, 2 possible additions to the freeze list:
> 3. What about recently (and quite vigorously) discussed RegExp
> overhaul? It is not on the list (yet). Should it be added? As far as I
> gather from the discussion (I can't judge that myself fully), it is
> pretty big, and poses a threat to BC (in QString).

I think we should be able to remove QRegExp from QtCore's ABI, and that shouldn't be too much work (remember to quote me on that ;-). That would mean QRegExp would be available in a separate library, but wouldn't otherwise break source compatibility.

> 4. V8 location - still not fully agreed, but it should be put in it's
> final place before freeze (or no?).

V8 is not part of the public ABI, I think. Where the repository ends up shouldn't matter, anyway.

Cheers,

João