[Development] Deprecation of qMalloc/qFree/qRealloc

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Wed Dec 21 07:26:42 CET 2011

Hi,

I've submitted two changes last night:
- http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,11562 - deprecating
qMalloc/qFree/qRealloc
- http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,11563 - removing all uses
of them from QtBase

My justification for this change is pretty simple - the only real
reason to have these as far as I know is that it makes it possible to
swap out memory allocation across Qt, but, there are usually other
ways to accomplish this as the commit message notes, and it's rather
unfair to impose an additional function call on all uses of these for
something which isn't used in the majority of cases.

Once these changes go in, I'm happy to submit changes (if any) to other modules.

Thanks,

Robin