[Development] State of x86 SIMD in Qt

jason.barron at nokia.com jason.barron at nokia.com
Thu Dec 29 16:16:19 CET 2011

Hi Thiago,

>  I can get started, but I need to know: how is this code tested? How can I verify that things are working?

The best way to test this is to run the lancelot autotests to verify that the output of the raster engine is the same before and after. The code for the baseline server is in Qt, but the baselines we are currently using inside Nokia  are not (for lack of public infrastructure I guess) so you'll have to generate your own baseline (before the patch) and then test it (after the patch). The tests are located here:

    qtbase/tests/auto/other/lancelot

the baselineserver is here:

    qtbase/tests/baselineserver

The draw helpers are mostly used in blending code so these lancelot tests (eg: porter_duff.qps) probably offer the best coverage in this area.

Cheers,
Jason