[Development] Qt Playground - Mock add-on module

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Apr 24 10:27:06 CEST 2012

I would like to work on a Mock add-on module in Qt Playground that
might be beneficial later for certain projects. See the relevant
wikipage for a short introduction about the goals of mock objects in

Here you can find similar projects and sites, but not Qt style API for
sure in the first place:

There were previous attempts to address this niche, but none of those
succeeded so far for certain reasons. The only publicly visible
project I have found about the topic in question can be found here:

The aforementioned project is apparently abandoned in there. I have
tried to contact Niandong (the maintainer behind that), but he has
unfortunately replied that he does not work on such a project anymore.
It would be nice to help out the Qt Project with such an add-on module
in the future. I am unsure about the module name in playground, but
perhaps (qt)mock-ng, (qt)mock-next or something else ?

What do you think ?

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp