[Development] state of Qt's Australia office

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Thu Aug 2 14:02:45 CEST 2012

I talked a bit with the team in Brisbane this morning. Obviously the mood there is somewhat grim.

Talking for me, it's really sad to see this happen. There are a lot of bright engineers working in that office and I have been working with many of them for quite some time now. I really hope that everybody will find a new job soon, and that most of the people will actually stay connected to the Qt ecosystem and Qt project in some form or another.

For Qt as a product, it is now really important to remember that we do have the Qt project and a live and active community around it. This might make some things a bit more difficult in the short term, but we will find ways to deal with this and to continue to move Qt forward.

I'll try to keep this list posted and informed as good as I can.

Lars