[Development] state of Qt's Australia office

a.grandi at gmail.com a.grandi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 14:23:06 CEST 2012

On 2 August 2012 15:15, Dmytro Poplavskiy <dmytro.poplavskiy at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's possible to use LGPL Qt in the commercial products,
> it's only necessary to open changes done to the Qt itself if any.

I will try to be more specific with my question :)

What kind of license is using RIM for their Cascades UI? It's based on
Qt/QML, but as fra as I know they are submitting patches upstream
(please correct me if I'm wrong).
What kind of license is using Jolla, for example?

What I'm trying to understand is if there are any possible
restrictions or problems using Qt for a mobile products both if Nokia
is keeping Qt alive, or if they just abandon it or if they sell it or
whatever....

> Usually it's better to submit the changes upstream,
> it reduces the maintenance burden quite a bit.

I totally agree with you. I would not want to adapt my code everytime
that Qt is changed upstream.

Best regards,

--
Andrea Grandi - Nokia-FNDC/Tampere / Qt Ambassador
Ubuntu Member: https://launchpad.net/~andreagrandi