[Development] Cleanups for qt5.git

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Mon Aug 6 10:47:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm currently going through qt5.git, looking at all the modules. I would like to see whether all modules currently in there should be or need to be part of this set. Currently I can see two problems there.

The first one is the fact that we have a few modules in there that are basically unmaintained for a year and not really functional anywhere. The document gallery is such an example and is the first one I would like to remove (see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,32215).

I'll continue to go through all modules in the next couple of days and probably propose a few other removals that we then can discuss here.

The other problem is a more general issue that is has become difficult to get qt5.git moved forward and updated to newer tags. I wonder whether it wouldn't be easier to have a list of modules that contains less add-ons (ie. focuses more on the essentials plus some selected additions), but then maybe adds in qt-creator. IMO this could in the longer term be more useful for SDK creation and releasing. Add-on modules that are not part of this new qt5.git, could then always get tested against the latest qt5.git instead of the latest master branches of all modules.

Wdyt?

Cheers,
Lars