[Development] Setting up time-based releases for the project

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Aug 6 23:32:11 CEST 2012

On segunda-feira, 6 de agosto de 2012 21.22.27, joao.abecasis at nokia.com wrote:
> What do others think?

Thanks for putting it together. I like it. It's what we had discussed over a
year ago and it makes sense to me.

I think that the patch release process could be adjusted a little. For
example, the Release Team might decide that too many changes have gone in and
start the process sooner, rather than later. It's their decision, which must
be justified.

One think I'd like to know from others is: what does dripping-bucket contain
when changes are not going in, in-between releases? From the description and
from the graph, it sounds like that branch contains the next release before it
is tested out. That is, it's a branch that is in a state of Release Candidate
all the time because the final notches on the actual release haven't been done.

If we move the release testing onto leaky-faucet, then dripping-bucket
contains only the latest release, with at most a critical patch or two.