[Development] Two bugs in the QIcon which broke my life.

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Aug 8 11:12:43 CEST 2012

Op 8-8-2012 10:49, Stephen Kelly schreef:

> On Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:35:15 André Somers wrote:

> > > will

> > > You need to submit patches to Qt through gerrit. Patches attached in
>
> > > JIRA can't be applied. Note also that patches have to be applied to Qt
>
> > > 5 first and unit tested.
>

> > Nice, but these patches were submitted way before Gerrit was available.
>
> > Are you saying we should just disgard any fixes that can be found in
> JIRA?
>
> They are not covered by the CLA.

Are you sure about that?

> Whether they are 'trivial' enough to 'not be copyrightable' isn't for
> me to decide. I didn't look at them.
>
> Even when gerrit was not available, gitorious was available for all
> the time that JIRA was available. JIRA has never been 'the way to
> submit patches'.

One of these had a MR on gitorious, actually. That got closed some time
later because Gerrit got introduced in the meantime. So, I bet the
contributor signed the agreement. I guess the submitter did not want to
jump through the hoops again, in the hope that this time his patch
*would* get accepted.

André