[Development] About QML depends on opengl

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at kdab.com
Fri Aug 10 11:18:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Friday 10 August 2012 10:56:27 song.7.liu at nokia.com wrote:
> >From the code, it seems that QML will depend on the opengl, but is there a
> >way to remove such dependency ?
>
> Because our platform doesn't support opengl yet.

It is not possible to remove the OpenGL dependency, the scenegraph code is
quite deeply integrated into the QtQuick UI elements.
What you can do is use llvmpipe + mesa to get somewhat faster software
rendering.

Regards,
Thomas
--
Thomas McGuire | thomas.mcguire at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090