[Development] Idea: a qt-project subdomain for QML snippets

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 00:27:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

Every once in a while you encounter some nice QML snippet which helps
you out, but will perhaps help others out as well if they just know
where to search for it. So that's why i would like to propose the idea
of having a subdomain on qt-project.org dedicated to snippets. That
will be a central place which makes it easy for anyone to search and
perhaps find something that helps them with whatever nice app they are
making.

How dow "qml-snippets.qt-project.org" sound? (quite long..)
Or just "snippets.qt-project.org" just with categories like: QML, C++, ...

Also, we do need some kind of snippet web gui to put snippets online.
I'm guessing that won't be done in a wiki form.
some examples:
- http://phpsnips.com/
- http://www.javascriptsource.com/snippets/

I don't know of any web applications - yet - to put a "snippet
hosting" (like the above examples) online.

Good idea?

Cheers,
Mark