[Development] Proposal: Qt 4.9 release

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Wed Aug 15 22:52:48 CEST 2012

On 15.8.2012 19.30, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> - we simply cannot detract from the 5.0 effort right now. All resources
>need
>to be there, except for 4.8 maintenance.

+1

We are planning to make new 4.8.x patch releases still and fully agree
that Qt 4 is a very important platform. Next patch release will be 4.8.3
scheduled to go out end of August / beginning of September. I think we
should make at least 2 patch releases after that, more if needed.

Personally I would much rather see us together making Qt 5.0 available
soon and starting the work to get as much as possible everyone there. Qt
5.0 offers many great new things as well as good level of compatibility
with Qt 4.

Yours,

         Tuukka