[Development] Cross compiling Qt 5

Romain Pokrzywka romain.pokrzywka at kdab.com
Mon Aug 20 20:22:29 CEST 2012

On Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:51:05 AM Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCmmel?= wrote:
> Here a proposal:
>   1. -target-mkspec  : specify mkspec name
>   2. -target         : specify toolchain prefix

-toolchain-prefix sounds much more appropriate than -target (which to me means
the target hardware platform)

>   3. isn't sysroot specified by the toolchain compiler?

No. At best it knows where to find its own C runtime and internals, but that's
unrelated to the target sysroot, where you have all the cross-compiled system
libraries and dependencies (opengl drivers, openssl...). That's what -sysroot
is for.

>   4. not needed

What about platform options, QPA plugins to build, etc. ?

That said, I agree that in second look the -device-options solution isn't
great, and offloads work to the mkspecs which isn't the right thing to do.
I'd much prefer discrete options like we had for QWS, e.g. -plugin-mouse-tslib
and so on.

Just my 2c for "when we switch buildsystems" :)

Romain