[Development] Qt 4.8 clang and libc++

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 28 14:35:43 CEST 2012

> On sexta-feira, 24 de agosto de 2012 19.11.14, Sylvain Pointeau wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to compile Qt 4.8 using clang / libc++ (to have c++11)
>> is it possible?
>
> No one has ever reported success. Then again, no one has ever reported failure
> either -- no one has ever reported trying.

For the record, it has worked on FreeBSD for a while; other than a patch
that is going to be part of the next 4.8 release, we only copy the
freebsd-g++46 mkspec to freebsd-clang and replace all occurrences of
gcc46/g++46 with clang/clang++.