[Development] Qt 5 beta

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Aug 30 22:10:16 CEST 2012

> Not being a packager I don't know, but I have a hard time imagining it's
> harder to change your packaging scripts from Qt4 to Qt5 than from tar.bz2
> tar.xz.

1) This could be said vice versa, so not fair to say.
2) We have had bz2 previously (as well) and we were able to package with
bz2, so this could potentially be changing for people from what was working.
3) Why another change in the first place, if there are no space limitations?
4) Just one random example of those: when I mentioned this to one of
friends today he was asking what xz exactly. That person was aware of the
other formats. He has also made some packagings already for Harmattan, so
not quite a newcomer. I know, this could happen vice versa, so not fair to
say... That is why I think, it is ok to keep both, or the more common bz2
format, if we are really short with space.

Laszlo