[Development] Qt 5.0 Beta Performance

David Boosalis david.boosalis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 02:05:07 CEST 2012

I download the latest beta version of Qt 5.0 onto my Linux box (Kubuntu
12.04) . For  a beta it looks real good, but one thing I found concerning
was the performance.  I mean even running the demo "samegame" take over 98%
of my cpu. Being that it is only the first beta release I am sure there is
plenty of room for optimization,   but 98% of my I5-2500 cpu seems  a
little excessive. I did the default configure and build so maybe it was
built without any optimization.  Any thoughts on this ?