[Development] Qt 5 feature freeze

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 5 12:28:56 CET 2012

On Thursday, 5 de January de 2012 10.04.38, lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> This means that if you have something that you think needs to be done
> before the feature freeze (or is a feature that you need to get in as an
> exception later on), please create a JIRA task for it and make it a sub
> task of QTBUG-20885. It would be great if you could all spend some minutes
> this week to do this so that we have a decent overview early next week.

I've added the one for the new QUrl, which definitely needs to be in 5.0 or not
at all
	https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-23469

But as I was going to do the next, I realised that it doesn't need to be in
5.0, it would just be nice. They are:

 - new Q_GLOBAL_STATIC: since the current API is not public, breaking it in
future releases is acceptable.

 - new atomics: no change in API, it's source compatible and all the functions
are inline. It does however change the mangling for "QBasicAtomicInt", so any
functions that take that as a parameter, return that or have it in their
template parameters would break BC.

Do you want me to add them too?