[Development] Qt Commercial 4.7.5 is out - how shall we contribute is the best?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 19 19:49:20 CET 2012

<oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com> wrote:
> > > i made an attempt to give the digia group on gerrit the right to create
> > > the branch 4.7-digia
> >
> > why not just put it in 4.7, so they're one and the same,
>
> because they *aren't* the same. the digia patches are not
> community-approved by the respective domain experts. the qt project
> cannot simply accept this, be if for trademark reasons.

Remember that the Qt community is the only one allowed to release official
versions of Qt and set the version number.

So Digia is operating under special conditions right now, due to the lack of
Qt4 in Gerrit. Once it stabilises, I'd rather not see Digia release a
commercial version with a version number that the official Qt doesn't have yet.

That might imply they need a second version number. E.g.:

	Qt Commercial 4.7.5 update 1

which indicates it's the Qt Commercial vendor branch, based on the official Qt
4.7.5, but it's an update to something previously released.