[Development] Proposal - QtSerialPort graduation from the Playground

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Jul 23 19:15:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

The QtSerialPort project was established a little over than half a
year ago [1] in Playground. The project had already been useful (at
least to me) at the time, but it has gone through a lot of bug fixes.
Furthermore, there were API modifications, and also a few new features
implemented and integrated.

Here you can find, what we have:

* Most of the commits (all?) were reviewed by at least one, but
usually two or more, person(s) via gerrit since it had been imported
into Playground.
* Qt4 and Qt5 support
* Mac, Symbian, Windows, and Linux (included embedded like ubuntu-arm
with Pandaboard, Beagleboard and so forth) support
* Three examples: one command line based, and two widgets based
(optionally built, if the dependency present)
* Downstream commercial (my business project) and open source projects
(like serial terminal)
* Semi-auto tests (no fully automated due to the lack of proper QtMock module)
* Public API documentation (This was also reviewed inside the team)
* QMake build system usage

We would now like to kindly propose this project with Denis Shienkov
(Founder and Maintainer) as an add-on module according to the official
procedure [2]. We can help with all the integration tasks to a certain
degree (our karma), like necessary qmake file modifications and so
forth.

Last, but not least, any feedback is welcome about the feature set,
API, implementation, and so forth ...

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

[1] http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2011-December/000702.html