[Development] QtCS: OpenGL session notes
girish at forwardbias.in
Mon Jun 25 20:44:09 CEST 2012
OpenGL session notes (pasted from
so you can comment inline.
Thanks to Samuel for leading the session and taking the notes!
- Desktop OpenGL 3+ support, ES 3 support
- Shared cross process graphics buffer APIs
- copy to texture
- bind to texture
- bind as framebuffer
- locking / unlocking subrectangles for SW / HW access
- QPA / preliminary ?
- IPC / way of exposing buffer across processes
- file descriptor
- hardware address, handle, etc
- page flipping to the screen
- linear formats / non-linear formats
- orthogonal to the QPA APIs? multiple buffer abstractions
- texture atlas API / area allocator
- simple imperative GLES2 painter suited for Canvas 2D etc, lose all
the poorly / unnecessary performing features of QPainter
- QPainterV2 API, reduced QPaintEngine API
- learn from Skia
- improved API that discourages slow use cases
- the problem of RGBA <-> BGRA
- new image formats?
- image upload parts of scene graph adaptation layer
- better abstraction?
- move from declarative to QPA?
- fast texture uploads
- subpixel layout
- QScreen API for accessing subpixel layout information
- subpixel layout information in QImage / QPixmap ?
- QImage vs QPixmap
- QPixmap::internalImage() accessor with no deep copy?
- wrapping non-Qt contexts in QOpenGLContext
More information about the Development