[Development] List of qt 5 widgets

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Mar 7 22:23:48 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 10:33:15AM -0300, Alexis Menard wrote:
> 2012/3/7 Sean Farrow <sean.farrow at seanfarrow.co.uk>:
> > Hi All:
> >
> > I’m just investigating the qt widgdets for qt5.
> >
> > I have a list of qt widgets for qt4.7:
> >
> > http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/widgets-and-layouts.html
> >
> > are there any other new widgets in qt5 that are planned.
>
> As stated in http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_Modules_Maturity_Level
>
> Widgets are done. Nothing will be added as explained there.
>
> We fully focus on QML.

This seems to neglect the possibility that someone steps up as a
maintainer for Qt Widgets.

I don't see anything special on

  http://wiki.qt-project.org/The_Qt_Governance_Model

preventing a change of the maturity level of a module.

Andre'

PS: On a less theoretical side, there has been a bit of interest in
re-using one or two things from Creator. Having a bit of that stuff
in Qt proper appears not exactly outrageous to - erm... "us".

Concrete plans? - No.