[Development] -no-stl no longer supported

Alexis Menard alexis.menard at openbossa.org
Thu Mar 8 13:14:25 CET 2012

2012/3/8 Diego Iastrubni <diegoiast at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> should get their act together. (the only case I know of is Sun Studio and
>> there are not one but two STL implementations available for it that are
>> compliant)
>>

> Actually, I tested about 2 years ago the Digital Mars C++ compiler. This
> failed nicely and was not able to compile the container classe, and you were
> aware of this :)
>
> I might be bored again and test if the compiler now works better. Is anyone
> interested?

Realistically speaking how many users we are targeting here?

Last version was almost 2 years ago. Does it even run on modern
Windows? I'm not even sure its status concerning 64 bits.

Not even yourself wants to try it again. You even mentioned that you
*tested* it so I believe you don't even ship your app code with this
compiler.

So maintaining some stuff just for the sake of it leads to wasted
effort where people could be *more* useful.

It's in Qt4 the way it is, then it's fine.

Thiago is proposing to remove this for Qt5 and to be frank I'd say :
"Yeah, just do it" but it's not up to me.

We supported way too long broken and old compilers.

My 2 cents.

> http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=c++.announce&artnum=1113
>
> http://digitalmars.com/download/dmcpp.html

Alexis Menard (darktears)