[Development] Demos, examples, docs etc for Alpha release (was Re: [Marketing] Qt 5 alpha approaching)

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Thu Mar 8 20:40:52 CET 2012

(CCing Sami Lehtonen & Andrew Baldwin just in case they are not
following this thread about http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_5 alpha release)

Hi Gareth,

On 03/08/2012 02:26 AM, ext gareth.stockwell at accenture.com wrote:
> I recently published a post on Qt Labs Blog about using shader
> effects to transform video / viewfinder content in QML.
> http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2012/02/29/pimp-my-video-shader-effects-and-multimedia/

This is ultracool, yes. We'll find the way to link to that blog post and
specifically to the Qt 5 desktop video.

Any takers for building binaries of
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtmultimedia/trees/master/examples/video/qmlvideofx
for QtonPi or Harmattan + Qt 5? (or any other Qt 5 target out there)

All the better if we have more videos but the one on desktop is already
illustrative.

The same goes for Sami Lehtonen's Qt Graphical Effects showcased in an
impressive manner at
http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2012/02/02/qt-graphical-effects-in-qt-labs/ &
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MsfioYYyrUg

I wonder whether Daniel Pope or someone familiar with Qt Quick 3D could
have a refreshed demo by March 20 showing what Qt 5 is up to these days.
The only stuff I could find is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dbqdSAJFPSo
(which is impressive already).

... and then we have the psychedelic demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-vBbqamNBU from Andrew Baldwin (or
should I say Andy Warhol?).

Anything else we should look at this point to bring "a face" to Qt 5? It
doesn't need to be an Essential module, we'll find the way to complement
the release notes with whatever looks great coming from add-ons or other
projects - as long as it runs on top of Qt 5. What about Qt MediaHub,
QtonPi, Qt Quick Components for desktop, PySide......

--
Quim