[Development] Demos, examples, docs etc for Alpha release

quim.gil at nokia.com quim.gil at nokia.com
Tue Mar 13 20:05:33 CET 2012

(Sorry for top-posting from this web client)

Thank you for the list of modules. Can I do the following changes to the wiki?

1. Move the list of modules at http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_5.0#66036ddf6d03c9ce1fc742741417f128 to two new pages:

- Qt Essential Modules
- Qt Add-on Modules

Reasoning: the are not "roadmap" anymore and they are not even "5" exclusive. They are simply Qt modules in trunk. This way it's easier to link to them from other pages (e.g. Alpha release notes) without having to drag the whole Qt 5 Roadmap content.

2. Mark somehow (e.g. different background color) the modules available in the alpha release. Reasoning: to have a clear idea of the status of those modules.

3. Try to improve the names and descriptions of each module. Reasoning: now it's confusing. For instance, is qtjsbackend = "V8 JavaScript engine"?

4. Link each module to whatever landing page there is available somewhere in the wiki, if available. Reasoning: now only the insiders can bridge that list with whatever info is somewhere else.

--
Quim