[Development] Demos, examples, docs etc for Alpha release
quim.gil at nokia.com
quim.gil at nokia.com
Tue Mar 13 22:25:26 CET 2012
Ok, here we go:
There are many inconsistencies listed at the Notes section of each page (and pasted below for convenience). Please help ironing these details. Unless it's a topic for discussion you can edit the wiki directly or reply to me personally (no need to flood the list with tiny details). Thanks!
* What is the right way to spell these modules? Qt Widget or QtWidget? Qt WebKit or QtWebkit… ?
* Is “Qt Quick 2” the right name or “Qt Declarative” or…?
* “Qt WebKit” is already listed as Add-on. Is it Essential or are we talking about the WebKit1 vs WebKit 2 difference here?
* Is “Qt Test” = “qttestlib”?
* Is “Qt System Info” = “qtsystems”?
* Is Qt 3D an Essential or Add-on?
* It seems Qt D-Bus, Qt Sensors are Add-ons?
* Are Qt Service Framework, Qt Publish and Subscribe still in Essentials? Not in Alpha release?
* Should these be added? qlarl, qtconnectivity, qtdoc, qtdocgallery, qtimageformats, Phonon (or Qt Phonon?), qtpim, qtplatformsupport, qtqa, qtrepotools, qttranslations, qtwebkit-examples-and-demos
* Is it “ActiveQt”, qtactiveqt or…?
* Is it “Qt JSON DB”, “Qt JsonDB” or…?
* Is “qttools” = “Qt Script Tools” or “Qt UI Tools” or…?
* Is “Qt WebKit” in Add-ons or Essentials or…?
Plus these that were listed in the "old" page (feel free deleting them if they are not relevant anymore, or adding the comments to the cell of the appropriate component):
* Phonon will be maintained upstream by KDE.
* Open: Add Qt Quick components modules
* Open: whether Qt 5.0 will include the Qt Document Gallery add-on module.
* Open: whether Qt 5.0 will include the Qt Local connectivity add-on
* Open: whether Qt 5.0 will include the Qt Messaging add-on
From: Knoll Lars (Nokia-MP/Oslo)
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:56 PM
To: Gil Quim (Nokia-DXM/SiliconValley); Storm-Olsen Marius (Nokia-MP/Austin)
Cc: development at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] Demos, examples, docs etc for Alpha release
sounds good, please go ahead.
On 3/13/12 8:05 PM, "ext quim.gil at nokia.com" <quim.gil at nokia.com> wrote:
>(Sorry for top-posting from this web client)
>Thank you for the list of modules. Can I do the following changes to the
>1. Move the list of modules at
>http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_5.0#66036ddf6d03c9ce1fc742741417f128 to two
>- Qt Essential Modules
>- Qt Add-on Modules
>Reasoning: the are not "roadmap" anymore and they are not even "5"
>exclusive. They are simply Qt modules in trunk. This way it's easier to
>link to them from other pages (e.g. Alpha release notes) without having
>to drag the whole Qt 5 Roadmap content.
>2. Mark somehow (e.g. different background color) the modules available
>in the alpha release. Reasoning: to have a clear idea of the status of
>3. Try to improve the names and descriptions of each module. Reasoning:
>4. Link each module to whatever landing page there is available somewhere
>in the wiki, if available. Reasoning: now only the insiders can bridge
>that list with whatever info is somewhere else.
>From: Storm-Olsen Marius (Nokia-MP/Austin)
>Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 9:05 PM
>To: Gil Quim (Nokia-DXM/SiliconValley)
>Cc: development at qt-project.org; Hausmann Simon (Nokia-MP/Oslo)
>Subject: Re: [Development] Demos, examples, docs etc for Alpha release
>On 12/03/2012 18:10, ext Quim Gil wrote:
>> Also, a basic question: where can someone find the actual list of
>> Essential and Add-on modules that will be included in the Alpha? A
>> Work-in-progress list is fine, now the only reference I have is a
>> slide from last October-November.
>The current release script generates a package (890MB tar => 251MB
>tar.gz), correlated with the categorization of modules at
>http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_5.0 and corrected with some recent
>discussions between Henry, Lars and Thiago, this list of modules:
>Development mailing list
>Development at qt-project.org
More information about the Development