[Development] qHash / QHash changes

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Mon Mar 19 09:24:55 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Giuseppe D'Angelo <dangelog at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I don't want to get involved in a flame about what's the
> Best String Hashing Algorithm Ever Devised By an Human Being™,
> I still think there's some room for making that change to go in.

to be clear, I abandoned this because:

1) I don't have the time to re-do all the work I did in picking the
algorithm I did just to justify that on gerrit
2) I just want it to be faster, and nobody else seemed to have looked
into this, I don't have the knowledge, nor the expertise to paint that
sort of bikeshed, except by running a lot of tests, which is what I
did
3) It's way late in the 5.0 cycle, and we're out of time