[Development] File chooser dialog as a Qt Component - API design

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 20 14:41:00 CEST 2012

Hi,
  a small update. I started working on a FileDialog component for the
desktop, and it's seems that by using QFileDialog things are very easy. :-)

However, one question: should I map the "x", "y", "width", "height",
"visible", etc. properties of the QDeclarativeItem to those of the QDialog?
This is what I did so far, but now the more I think about that, the more
I'm convinced that it's wrong, and that these properties should behave
similarly to how they do for Symbian and MeeGo components. That is:

- for "x", "y", "width", "height": these are not bound to the actual
dialog placement (but just to the root Item defines it).
- for "visible": if false, the dialog is never shown; if true, the
dialog visibility depends on whether open() and close() have been called.

Also, properties like "opacity", "scale", etc. won't have any effect on
the dialog.

--
http://blog.mardy.it <- geek in un lingua international!