[Development] (Harmattan) Qt Quick Components & Qt 5

Kate Alhola kate.alhola at gmail.com
Thu May 31 11:30:55 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:

> 2) What about the Application Store history ?
>
> Ovi: Applications could become a bit bigger than expected with
> involving the dependencies how we did with KDE back then. The
> necessitas developers established something, that might be worth
> investigating.
>
> Apps4MeeGo: The dependency feature has not still been enabled.
>
> As for playing around, and no application store distribution, it might
> well be working, but it would be nice to take further steps in the
> (near?) future towards more centralized distributings.

We are planning to merge apps.formeego to maemo.org and
launch build.obs.maemo.org and maemo.org extras/extras-devel for Harmattan
for more centralized build and distribution.

One issue is that there is not currently centralized community repository
for Harmattan and other is that it does not make sense that they are
scattered under multiple domains ans services.

If everything goes as planned, we have build.obs.maemo.org as common
buildbot and Qt5 + components and many other future things will be on
maemo.org extras repository. We could also modify apps.formeego client
so that it automatically
installs dependency to extras repository.

I am at the moment working to get Harmattan Qt5 compiling with OBS but
there has been some serious obstacles that I have not yet found answer.

I don't think that Qt5 will be for Ovi applications because Qt5 for
Harmattan will
be as "cummunity supported" and therefore it will be only for
community applications.

Kate