[Development] QT5 Beta 1 & Android

Walter Horsten walter.horsten at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 14:11:45 CET 2012

Hi all,

I have QT5 Beta1 apps running on android, installable via an apk, launchable from the app screen and properly interacting with the OS. I don't know to what extent it is complementary to Necessitas (which I read is going to be integrated in Qt5 as well), but if it is I'm willing to contribute this work to QT5.

Visit this link for a short demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTpGEDUJmcY

I have patches, a short document on the design, a few sample apps (the ones shown in the video) and a buildscript prepared.
Let me know if anyone is interested in this work.

Kind regards,
Walter