[Development] Qt5 Visual Studio Add-in 1.2.0 Beta

Haataja Ismo Ismo.Haataja at digia.com
Mon Nov 12 07:25:31 CET 2012

>Hello,
>i have installed beta addin on freshly installed Win7 64-bit with VS 2010 SP1,
>but i can't get this addin working. When I try to add new Qt Version I always
>get error about unsupported.
>Please see the screenshot: http://vip2006.net/vsaddin.png
>How can I get rid of this problem?

I guess you are using pretty fresh Qt5 to get this error? Reason for error is that there no more is 'mkspecs/default' folder under Qt5. Addin supposes there is and gives the error message. I think only way to fix this for now is to create 'default' folder and 'qmake.conf' file into it.

So, in your case, you should first create folder 'C:/QT/QT5_X86_GIT/qtbase/mkspecs/default'

And then into that folder a file named 'qmake.conf' having content like this:

QMAKESPEC_ORIGINAL = C:/QT/QT5_X86_GIT/qtbase/mkspecs/win32-msvc2010
include(../win32-msvc2010/qmake.conf)

This problem will be corrected in Add-in 1.2.0 beta2 that is out very soon after Qt5 beta2 is out.

/ismo