[Development] [Interest] About Qt 4.8.3 MinGW

Lukas Geyer lgeyer at gmx.at
Tue Sep 25 07:59:16 CEST 2012

Am 24.09.2012 13:16, schrieb R. Reucher:
> Also, can someone confirm that we are seeing the same issue(s)?

Yes, I can. 4.8.3 is broken and cannot be used to compile projects
relying on information from mkspecs/qconfig.pri, for example QtCreator.

> To clarify what's wrong from my perspective, I quote myself:
>
> "... it seems that qmake from this build doesn't work properly as it exposes
> empty values for QT_VERSION (and QT_MAJOR_VERSION, QT_MINOR_VERSION etc.), but
> others like CONFIG or QT for example have valid values... that's weird to say
> the least ;)!
>
> [...]
>
> I should add that "qmake -query QT_VERSION" returns the string "4.8.3"
> correctly, but it's empty when qmake processes a .pro file (i.e. in makefile-
> mode)."

The problem is that mkspecs/qconfig.pri (which contains the definitions
for QT_VERSION and alike) is not included due to a broken path for
qconfig.pri in mkspecs/features/qt_config.pri, caused by an invalid
QT_BUILD_TREE path set in mkspecs/features/device_config.pri.

This has been fixed in [1], but the fix is not part of v4.8.3.

The fix can be manually applied to an existing installation by patching
mkspecs/features/device_config.pri as seen in [2], but as long as this
change won't be in v4.8.3, 4.8.3 remains broken.

regards,
Lukas

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/34507
[2]