[Development] QtQuick External Drag Drop Partial Patch -- Help Requested

Chris Meyer cmeyer1969+qt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 21:16:57 CEST 2013

I've been working on adding support for external drag and drop to QtQuick.
I've created a patch which addresses the basic needs and have used the
resulting capabilities in my non-trivial application to implement drag and
drop between a QtQuick view and a widget.

I'll need help on one particular feature: generating an image of the
QtQuick item being dragged. Right now it doesn't use any image -- so
dragging works, but the image is just a small gray rectangle.

In addition, I need feedback on a design choice. I decided to not create a
QtQuick MimeData item; but instead add accessor methods directly to
DropEvent. This seems reasonable, but a future MimeData object could be
re-used if we implement a similar Cut / Copy / Paste functionality. Any
thoughts?

Finally, I'll need some procedural help to make sure the patch is suitable
to be added for Qt 5.2 -- specifically to make sure I get examples, tests,
and documentation correct.

Is there someone who has commit access who can help me through this patch?

Here is the bug report:

Here is the current code in my patch:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/61017

It's not complete, but I'm willing to finish it off (with the help from
above). I think this would make a useful addition to Qt 5.2.