[Development] Standard options & deploying on Mac OS X 10.6 while building on 10.7

Vincent vincentb1981 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 18:20:51 CEST 2013

Hello,

I would like to be able to deploy Qt applications on Mac OS X 10.6. The
development environment is on 10.7.

I tried with Qt 5.0.2 and Qt 5.1.0 Beta 1 (downloaded binaries from
qt-project.org) and none of the compiled applications run on Mac OS X 10.6.

Then I tried to compile Qt 5.1.0 Beta 1 on 10.7, with the following
configure options:
   ./configure -prefix $PWD/qtbase -opensource -debug-and-release -nomake
examples -nomake demos

Still, applications don't run on 10.6. Note that I've then compiled Qt
against 10.8 sdk.

After discussing with Tor it seems that I need to provide to ./configure
the no-c+11 option.

I would like to be sure that the Qt build I'll be compiling is as close as
possible as the standard Qt available through binary download at
qt-project.org.

What is the full set of options for the configure script used by Qt Team in
order release binaries?

Thanks,

Cosmo

Note: here are the runtime errors on 10.6:

* Output of running on 10.6 an app built against Qt 5.0.2:

dyld: Symbol not found: _kCFWebServicesProviderDefaultDisplayNameKey
  Referenced from:
/Users/<snip>/Desktop/myapp/myapp.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/5/QtWebKit
  Expected in:
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
 in
/Users/<snip>/Desktop/myapp/myapp.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/5/QtWebKit
Trace/BPT trap

* And running on 10.6 an app built against 5.1.0 Beta 1 (Qt was compiled on
Mac OS X 10.7 with ./configure -prefix $PWD/qtbase -opensource
-debug-and-release -nomake examples -nomake demos):

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Users/<snip>/Desktop/myapp/myapp.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtWebKitWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWebKitWidgets
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap