[Development] Signals/slots for class templates (Was: Evolving Qt's multithreading API)

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 16:54:42 CET 2013

On 5 March 2013 05:37, Corentin Jabot <corentin.jabot at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's such a shame that template classes can't be meta-objects...
>>> otherwise we could emit the return value directly. That would truly be
>>> event-driven C++!
>> Yeah, that is a very unfortunate artifact of the way Qt implements
>> signals and slots. However, it is what it is...
>
> Would that even be possible ? It sure would be nice

Olivier started implementing this:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,49864

Thiago replied, "It needs a lot more discussing. I'm not sure we want
it. First and foremost, it requires installing the moc file."

Let the discussion begin :)

What's holding us back? What does "installing the moc file" mean?

Regards,
Sze-Howe