[Development] qt-5.0.1 incorrect ..._install_prefix cmake vars ?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Mar 29 16:33:01 CET 2013

During packaging qt5 for fedora, someone noticed that cmake .config files seemingly set incorrect _install_prefix
variables.  One example is in qtbase, cmake files installed (on x86_64) as:

/usr/lib64/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreConfig.cmake
/usr/lib64/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreConfigExtras.cmake

contain:

get_filename_component(_qt5_corelib_install_prefix "${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/" ABSOLUTE)

so ends up with:

_qt5_corelib_install_prefix = /usr/lib64/cmake/Qt5Core

which to my untrained eye looks very wrong, and of course, queries in those .cmake files to find qmake (and
friends) will fail to find anything at
_qt5_corelib_install_prefix/bin/qmake

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

see also downstream bug, http://bugzilla.redhat.com/929227

-- rex