[Development] MSVC2015 and Qt5.5 -- dot release plans?

charleyb123 . charleyb123 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 00:23:07 CEST 2015

Microsoft announced MSVS2015 will be released on July 20:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-sets-release-date-for-visual-studio-2015/

Those of us that have been following the MS compiler know that the MSVC2015
is a particularly strong compiler, making up for lots of "lost-ground" in
supporting C++11/14 features.

There was discussion on this list about a Qt5.5 "dot-release" for MSVC2015
... do we have a feel for timing on this?

(I know we can individually compile Qt for this compiler now, I was just
curious about a community Qt5.5 release.)

--charley