[Development] [Announcement] QtWebKit Technology Preview 3

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Fri Aug 19 20:35:56 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

We are pleased to announce QtWebKit Technology Preview 3!

Highlights of this release are:

* NPAPI and Qt plugins are finally supported on X11 and Windows (not on macOS
yet, sorry)

* Bulk of the patches which have never been in the trunk of webkit.org was
merged from Qt repository. Also, some regressions resulting from migration to
new WebKit branch were fixed, which means that now there's very little chance
for you to hit a bug already fixed a year or two ago :)

* Now we finally have nice compact tarballs, and lightweight git repository for
those of you who just wants to build the bleeding edge and is not going to
develop QtWebKit itself [1]

More detailed release changelog, as well as binary builds you can find at

https://github.com/annulen/webkit/releases/tag/qtwebkit-tp3

If you are wondering what is the deal with QtWebKit raised back from the dead,
please read the following post (it also has a few screenshots):

http://qtwebkit.blogspot.ru/2016/08/qtwebkit-im-back.html

----

[1] https://github.com/annulen/qtwebkit-snapshots

--