[Development] Rules for Third-Party components in Qt 4.8 onwards

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Tue Dec 13 13:13:12 CET 2016

Hi,

I'd like to put down the rules on how we handle code in Qt that we as Qt contributors do not have copyright over ourselves in a QUIP:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/177201/6/quip-0004.txt

I suggest that
- Every third party component must be documented by a qt_attribution.json file
- Adding a third-party component that will become part of a Qt library, plugin or tool needs approval by the Chief Maintainer
- Third-party components that become part of a Qt library, plugin, or tool need to be mentioned in the change log of the release in a [Third-Party Code] area.

Regards

Kai

--
Kai Köhne, Senior Manager R&D | The Qt Company

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B