[Development] Backporting the "stop unloading plugins" change to 5.6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Oct 12 21:59:06 CEST 2016

Hello

We've got a number of issues that got fixed in 5.7 by the change that made
QFactoryLoader stop unloading plugins (notably, the Network Manager bearer
plugin). Given that QtDBus in 5.6 is now heavily threaded, a number of new
issues have cropped up. I've managed to fix some, but reports from Ubuntu
developers indicate the latest fix only uncovered the next issue.

If we do stop unloading, the problem goes away.

So, ok to backport?

See https://codereview.qt-project.org/172014 (original https://codereview.qt-project.org/140750)