[Development] Proposal for Qt 5.10 platforms and configurations changes

Heikki Halmet heikki.halmet at qt.io
Thu Apr 27 11:29:08 CEST 2017

Hi,

Below we have proposal for changes in supported platforms and configurations from Qt 5.9 to 5.10.

Please comment if the proposal is insufficient or the changes are unacceptable somehow.

Please refer to Qt 5.9 Supported platforms -> http://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.9/supported-platforms.html

LIST OF PROPOSAL CHANGES FROM 5.9 TO 5.10:

RHEL 7.2 -> RHEL 7.3 (Any benefits?)

OpenSUSE 42.1 -> OpenSUSE 42.2

Ubuntu 17.04 (Ubuntu 16.04 lts will stay in CI)

macOS 10.11 xcode 8.2 -> xcode 8.2.1 (or the latest available)

macOS 10.12 xcode 8.2.1 -> xcode 8.3.1 (or the latest available)

Windows 7 MinGW 5.3.0 -> MinGW 6.3.0

Embedded Linux (Boot2Qt) Yocto 2.2.1 & gcc 6.2 -> Yocto 2.3 & gcc 6.3

INTEGRITY GHS 2016.5.4 -> 2017.1.x

Support for Android 8 (if available on time)

iOS 11 support (if available on time. Current rumors -> september)

MacOS 10.13 will be released September 2017 hopefully. Feature Freeze for 5.10 is at the beginning of August.

This means that we can only use Preview release of 10.13 for testing before final official release is out.

That can cause situation that we don't have enough time to get 10.13 in before 5.10 release so we can't give guarantees that 10.13 will be supported in 5.10.

NOTE! We will commit to wanted platform and software changes as long as those are available straight after 5.9 release is out in the end of the May.
With all others we'll do the best we can but we can't commit that those will be supported in 5.10.

Best regards
Heikki Halmet

The Qt Company, Elektroniikkatie 13, 90590 Oulu, Finland
Email: heikki.halmet at qt.io
Phone: +358408672112
www.qt.io<http://www.qt.io/> | Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.io/ | Twitter: @qtproject, @Qtproject Facebook: www.facebook.com/qt<http://www.facebook.com/qt>