[Development] GPL tooling in Qt module?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Feb 1 18:37:41 CET 2017

Em quarta-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2017, às 17:01:36 PST, Sean Harmer
escreveu:
> As such addons need to run within the blender runtime which is GPL, the
> addon also needs to be GPL licensed.

If there's a process separation, then Blender's licence does not impact on the
selection of the licence of the parent code.

If I understand you correctly, you have code that is a plugin to Blender. That
plugin does not need to be licenced as GPL either, but since it is loaded into
Blender, it needs to be GPL-compatible and the program+plugin combination,
when run, will be under the GPL too.

As such, I don't see any need to provide any GPL-only code into a Qt
repository at all.