[Development] [Releasing] HEADS-UP: Branching from 'dev' to '5.9' completed

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Thu Feb 2 11:02:23 CET 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 05:28:23AM +0000, Jani Heikkinen wrote:
>> We have now soft branched '5.9' from 'dev'. Target is to have final
>> downmerge from 'dev' to '5.9' and Qt 5.9 Feature Freeze 1st of
>> February.
>>
>> Please finalize ongoing changes in 'dev' and start using '5.9' for
>> new changes targeted to Qt 5.9.0 release.
>>
>> Make sure all Qt 5.9.0 new features are ready in 'dev' latest Tuesday
>> 31st January (see feature freeze checklist from
>> https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5_Feature_Freeze). At this time we really want
>> to respect the feature freeze so if your feature isn't ready early
>> enough please postpone it to 5.10 instead. So no new feature
>> development in '5.9'; just stabilization and bug fixing. Remember
>> also update new features page
>> (https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.9)

Oswald Buddenhagen (1 February 2017 21:13) added:
> the downmerge is complete. 5.9 is in feature freeze now, while dev is
> 5.10 material. continue sending re-targeting requests as needed.

I see no 5.9 branch in qtnetworkauth, although qt5/.gitmodules says to
use 5.9 for it.

I shall prepare an initial API review, for the modules that have a 5.9
and a v5.8.0 tag, comparing the two.  Then I shall get back to the vast
flood of code-review that's been coming in all week ...

	Eddy.