[Development] Nominate Mike Krus as approver

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Mon Feb 6 18:39:19 CET 2017

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 02:54:53PM +0000, Alexander Blasche wrote:
> >There were no objections and maintainer of a module implies approver, so could
> >somebody do the honours and grant Mike the rights please? The necessary period
> >has long since passed.
>
> I am sorry but being the maintainer does not imply approver rights. At most it implies approver rights for the component he is maintainer for. I agree that when you maintain a cross module component that this is somewhat harder to manage.

selective approver rights are not implementable for a horizontal
responsibility, so this is kind of moot.

> In any case I am sure that waiting for the required time does not make much of a difference. Then this discussion is over anyway.

the previous thread already used the word approver without futher
qualification
(http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2016-August/026909.html)
and nobody objected, so i just gave mike the rights.